The “Digital Channel” survey, carried out in collaboration with Efma, provides an overview of the main trends as regards the use of digital banking channels. An eighth country, namely Spain, has been added to the survey, which now covers a broad spectrum of diverse banking relationship models: France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Poland, Spain, Turkey and the United Kingdom.
The first two editions, published in 2011 and 2013, had highlighted the strong growth in the use of digital channels in the banking relationship.
• How do customers connect to their banks today? Which channels do they use? How often?
• What is the role of digital channels in the banking relationship? What do customers do when they log on remotely?
• How are digital channels used to purchase financial products? What types of products are purchased via these channels?
• How are social networks integrated into digital strategies? How are they perceived by customers?
In 2017, for the third edition, new topical issues facing European banks are addressed.
• What is the role of digital relationship marketing and how is this integrated into the customer digital journey? What is the most appropriate level of customer autonomy in after-sales management?
• How far have innovative services been appropriated (means of payment, Fintech platforms, etc.)?
• How are online banks and new entrants perceived?
This survey, based on the answers of more than 4,000 respondents and interviews with senior banking executives, reveals significant differences in utilisation rates, usage, satisfaction and expectations among internet users vis-à-vis their bank.
Several topics which are currently major marketing and commercial issues for banks are addressed in this report.
We hope that the findings of this survey will shed light on the expectations of your customers and help you anticipate the impact of the quickening pace of digital development.
Keywords : Digital/Mobile channels , Bank Products & Services