Efma and Accenture believe that the key to success in today’s challenging markets is to develop an innovation-committed DNA to be fostered by sharing successful experiences and new ideas.
The Efma–Accenture Innovation in Insurance Awards was launched in 2016 to identify and award the most innovative projects in the insurance sector. The awards also aim to highlight and share worldwide best practices that will help accelerate the transformation of insurance as we know it for the better.
In 2017, the awards attracted nearly 220 entries from nearly 150 institutions in 38 countries.
The Awards process is as follows:
- Nomination process
Insurers are encouraged to identify their most innovative initiatives in relation to the following eight award categories:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Best Disruptive Product or Service
- Claims Management
- Connected Insurance & Ecosystems
- Customer Experience & Engagement
- Global Innovator
The Global Innovator award is a special category and can only be applied for once a company is short-listed by the Efma Jury committee.
View more detail on the awards categories here
Applicants register and submit their most recent and relevant innovations using the portal and can also view other innovations, which are searchable by category, keyword, launch year, country or institution. Please note that:
- There is no cost associated with entering.
- An innovation can only be submitted for consideration in one of the categories noted above.
- There is no limit on the number of innovations you / your company can submit.
- Innovations must have been launched after 1 January 2015 and be in the pilot phase or further along from a development perspective to qualify.
Read more about the judging process here.
- Achieve international recognition for your geat ideas and execution
- Be seen by your peers as a leader in innovation
- Be exposed to best practice innovation in the insurance sector – on a global scale – via the portal
- Grow your network of other senior executives – all of whom are driving innovation for their businesses
- The awards ceremony
The best innovation in each of the seven standard categories will be recognized at a dedicated awards ceremony.
The Innovation Award Committee will also further recognize one insurance player as a ‘Global Innovator’.
Winners will have the opportunity to present on their innovation journey, reflect on their experiences and share the key success factors in the design, development and operational phases of their innovation.
As a global not-for-profit organisation, Efma brings together more than 3,300 retail financial services companies from over 130 countries. With a membership base consisting of almost a third of all largest retail banks worldwide, Efma has proven to be a valuable resource for the global industry, offering members exclusive access to a multitude of resources, databases, studies, articles, news feeds and publications. Efma also provides numerous networking opportunities through working groups, online communities and international meetings.
Visit us at www.efma.com
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 384,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives.
Visit us at www.accenture.com