Raphaël Goué is sharing his time between Europe and Asia and has been handling cross-border projects between the two regions since the mid 90’s, focusing significantly on financial services with an expertise especially in consumer finance and international business development. His personal residence has been Beijing for 8 years. Raphaël also has more than 20 years of experience in consumer finance.
Since September 2009, Raphaël has been developing Euracific Strategies, an advisory company focusing mainly on financial services. Beyond China, Mongolia and Singapore, where Euracific is present, he has led projects in several ASEAN countries including Myanmar (where he started to be involved on a part-time basis since May 2012) as well as Cambodia, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam and the Philippines.
Raphaël has supported global financial institutions in their digital strategy in Asia by establishing Joint Ventures, acquiring and selling assets, and improving their performance. Raphaël has also supported Asian Fintechs in assessing business opportunities in Europe. His accomplishments include, among others:
- Development of joint ventures and partnerships at some of the leading Asian financial institutions in Consumer Finance and Auto Finance;
- Elaboration of strategies for several consumer finance institutions, with a strong focus on the fintech sector in China and ASEAN;
- Assistance to Chinese Fintechs in developing commercial and strategic partnerships in their development in Europe;
- Assessment of investment and negotiation in the development of a 100 Mn USD private equity fund for a Fortune 500 company in China;
- Support to the development of investment and fundraising strategies for private equity funds, such as the sovereign fund of Mongolia;
- Assessment of market opportunities to develop a credit bureau in selected ASEAN markets;
- Investment in two fintech platforms: Hi-Fang in China and Money King in Myanmar.
Raphaël previously held different responsibilities in groups such as Société Générale, Vivendi Universal, Booz & Co and Capital One in Europe, Africa and Asia.
Raphaël chaired the Consumer Finance and NBFI Group at the European Chamber of Commerce in China between 2009 and 2018 and was an elected board member of the French Chamber of Commerce in China between 2009 and 2017. He has been invited to several leading European and Asian events to speak on banking, consumer finance and Fintechs.
With Efma, Raphaël has been supporting the development of the association in selected Asian markets and is also now supporting Efma in the Fintech sector in Europe. Raphaël brings his consumer finance expertise to Efma members to develop the membership in this area within Europe.
Raphaël holds an Engineering degree from the Ecole Nationale Supérieure de Géologie in Nancy, a Master in Material Science from Ecole de Mines de Nancy, and an MBA from HEC (Paris), which he finalized at the Columbia Business School (New York).