Senior Partner and Managing Director
Stefan Dab, Senior Partner and Managing Director, is Global Leader of BCG Transaction Banking practice. Stefan is member of the Global Leadership team of the BCG Financial Services practice. He joined BCG in Brussels in 1996 and expatriated to the United States for a few years before relocating back to Europe.
Stefan has in-depth experience in payments and transaction banking, working with banks, acquirers, processors, networks and infrastructure players in Europe and North America. His relevant expertise includes:
- Developing the micro-merchant acquirers strategy for a leading European bank
- Supporting a global payment company in defining its e-wallet and mobile payment strategy
- Helping a credit card processor optimize its issuing and acquiring processes end-to-end
- Helping a leading European bank to boost its cash management business
- Helping a European payment company define its segmented go-to-market strategy to merchants
- Helping European banks adjust their payments business models to respond to regulatory changes
Stefan is a thought leader in payments, having co-authored most recent BCG publications on payments, leading panels at Sibos with global leaders and being regularly cited in the press, most recently by Reuters and The Economist.
Stefan Dab earned a degree in engineering and business administration summa cum laude from the Solvay Business School of the University of Brussels in 1990. He also received a master’s degree in econometrics magna cum laude from the Economics Department of the same University in 1992. Prior to joining BCG, Stefan was an Investment Banker at Bank Degroof.