Customers and marketplaces in Asia are going through rapid changes. Banks in the region have embraced new technologies and have started to transform themselves. However the industry has to undertake a more aggressive change due to the creeping challenge of non-industry players. More particularly Asian and global technology giants have started stepping on the toes of the banking industry, which is evident from their recent launches of digital wallets, cross border payment solutions and their aggressive focus on capturing an increasing share of customers’ wallets and imagination. Investors and markets look more favorably on the technology giants than the banking industry. As banks look to transform, they are increasingly discovering in Fintechs and regulators, their partners to help adopt innovations and increase customer experience as well as engagement.
The Fourth edition of Efma’s Retail Banking Summit in Asia will focus on the key priorities and most pressing challenges faced by the banking industry in the region. Like previous editions, this year’s event will bring together the most successful banks and companies in the retail financial services ecosystem from Asia and across the world.
This year’s edition will also feature the most disruptive innovations and best practices in digital transformation. They key themes to be discussed during the two-day event will include:
• Artificial intelligence, robotics and machine learning: Making sense of tomorrow’s world for banks;
• Block-chain, crypto-currencies and the promise of tokenization: Finding and monetizing the value in distributed ledgers;
• Internet of all things, voice, virtual reality et al: How to prepare banks for the platforms and channels of tomorrow whilst dealing with the predominance of mobile today?
• Open banking, APIs, Fintechs and the challenge of interfacing with rest of the world;
• From Affluent, SMEs to Millennials and the financially excluded: How to deepen the relationship with existing segments and break into new ones?
• People: How to update the workforce with skills, mindset and culture as banks transform their infrastructure and platforms?
• Distribution and Design: How to create an experience and space for interaction with banking customers comparable to retail leaders?
Another key highlight of this year’s event will be the Asian winners of the global Efma-Accenture Distribution & Marketing Innovation Awards, sharing with the audience how they have created world leading propositions and platforms, and what other banks in Asia can learn from them.
This event is an opportunity to learn from the top leaders about the next digital wave in finance, and if you wish to stay ahead of the curve, book your place now!