SME at a glance: expert views on the news
The latest episode of Efma’s podcast looks at the hottest news in the SME banking industry.
In the next episode of Efma’s newest podcast, SME at a glance: Expert views on the news, Efma’s SME expert Lukas Dzuroska interviews Slawomir Koziol. Slawomir is a Project Lead at ADAPTOVATE & Agile Consultant at Boston Consulting Group (BCG). The two take a look at the most recent news in the world of SME banking and Slawomir provides his expert POV on the major trends in the industry.
This episode looks at the way the pandemic has greatly accelerated the move to digital by SME bankers. “The role of channels had to be redefined. The growth of digital offerings became essential to business while branches stepped into more of a supporting role,” according to Mr. Koziol. Below are some of the topics they discuss:
- Alliance Bank of Malaysia’s BizSmart mobile app and how its success is indicative of changing customer preferences
- The role of RMs being redefined by banks like Desjardins in Canada and mBank in Poland
- The utility of data gathered from digital offerings compared to the data gathered from physical locations
- Cost-cutting initiatives and how they may ultimately just be a quick fix instead of part of a sustainable long-term plan
- Finally, how agile ways of working have aligned well with our remote working reality.