Please log in for full access...







News & trends



Strategy & Functions
KBC to sell its Russian subsidiary Absolut Bank
Russian Federation | December 2012


The Belgian banking and insurance group KBC has agreed to sell its Russian banking subsidiary Absolut Bank to a group of Russian investors for 300 million euros. The deal is due to be closed in the second quarter of 2013 once it has been approved by the regulatory authorities. This sale, which is expected to have a positive impact of around 100 million euros on KBC’s consolidated results in 2013 but not on the capital, should improve KBC’s tier-1 capital ratio by around 0.4 percentage points. KBC had decided to refocus on retail banking in Belgium and Central and Eastern Europe.




Related news

Channels


Orange Poland and mBank to launch a mobile bank

Poland - March 2014



In Poland, the telecom operator Orange Poland is poised to launch a bank designed specifically for smartphone and tablet users. Orange Poland’s mobile bank, which is due to be launched in the second half of 2014, will offer retail customers and SMEs the following banking services: mobile payments, current accounts, loans, deposits and credit and debit cards. These services will be provided by mBank.



News summary compiled by Efma Information Services

Strategy & Functions
Channels
Customer


BBVA wants to conquer Latin America

South America - September 2013



The Spanish bank BBVA has announced the launch of a strategic plan in South America. In total, the bank will invest 2.5 billion dollars between 2013 and 2016. Some 40% of its investment will be devoted to technology, while the remaining 60% will be used to finance infrastructures and distribution channels. BBVA’s objective is become South America’s leading digital bank. BBVA aims to double the number of its Internet banking customers and to increase eightfold its mobile customers. Lastly, the bank intends to differentiate itself from competitors in terms of customer satisfaction.



News summary compiled by Efma Information Services

Strategy & Functions


Banco Sabadell is preparing to return to Mexico

Mexico - November 2013



The Spanish bank Banco Sabadell exited the Mexican banking market eighteen months ago after having sold its 20% stake in Banco del Bajio. However, the bank’s President, Josep Oliu, has recently announced that, as part of its 2014-2016 strategic plan, the bank is considering re-entering the Mexican market. Banco Sabadell is looking into the possibility of launching banking activities in Mexico from zero.



News summary compiled by Efma Information Services

News & trends  

keep up-to-date with the latest banking and retail financial services news thanks to the weekly "news snippets" produced by Efma's information centre.

Industry news

Efma's information monitoring and filtering service provides members with online access to a selection of articles and press releases

Media partnership

You work in the Press and Media area and you news concerns for the retail financial community? Your news can be added to the list of industry news with a link towards your publication.
To know more, please contact Anne Laure (marketing@efma.com)